Lloyd F. LeRoy
Mr. LeRoy ("Butch") graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy and was commissioned a Second Lieutenant. After service as an aircraft maintenance officer, he was competitively chosen to attend law school. He went to Vanderbilt University School of Law in Nashville, Tennessee where he was a member of the editorial board of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. He was also selected for membership in the Order of the Coif. After graduation, and before joining Brayton Purcell, Mr. LeRoy was on active duty as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force. He retired with the grade of Colonel.
Mr. LeRoy supervises the firm's Appellate Department. In that role he directs one of the busiest appellate practices in the state. In addition to choosing issues for appeal, writing and editing briefs, and ensuring timely compliance with court rules and deadlines, he appears and argues in the appellate courts on behalf of the firm's clients. Mr. LeRoy is licensed to practice law in California and is an Appellate Specialist certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the federal District Courts for the Northern District of California and the Central District of California.
Mr. LeRoy is a member of the Public Justice Foundation, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the American Bar Association. He has been married to his wife, Margie, for over 40 years. Mr. LeRoy lists his hobbies as travel, reading, sports and "long walks with my bride."
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board of Legal Specialization: Appellate Law, State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Editor
- United States Air Force Academy
- B.S. - 1971
- Major: International Affairs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Public Justice Foundation, Member
- The Consumer Attorneys of California, Member