Groups We Support
At Brayton Purcell, we actively support many outstanding national, regional and local nonprofit organizations who are trying to make a difference for consumers and everyday people. We are proud and active supporters and members of many of these fine organizations, including the following:
Organizations We Proudly Support
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO)
- The Bay Institute
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of the North Bay
- Casa Allegra Community Services
- Center for Domestic Peace — Marin Abused Women Services
- Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership of Marin
- Citizens' Campaign for Old Growth Preservation
- Community Institute for Psychotherapy
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- Legal Aid of Marin
- Lifehouse Agency
- Litigation Counsel of America – Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Marin County Humane Society
- Marin Symphony
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- North Bay Children's Center
- Novato Babe Ruth
- Novato Human Needs Center
- Novato's Paint the Town Red
- Novato Youth Center
- State Building and Construction Trades Council of California
- Swords to Plowshares
- Voices for Pets
- Zero Breast Cancer
Organizations to which We Proudly Belong
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Inns of Court
- American Association for Justice
- Asbestos Victims of America
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Brain Injury Association of Utah
- California Applicant Attorneys Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Marin County Bar Association
- Marin Trial Lawyers Association
- Napa County Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Queens Bench
- Public Citizen
- Public Justice Foundation
- San Francisco Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Tobacco Trial Lawyers Association
- Utah Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
BRAYTON❖PURCELL has contributed to local businesses and events such as the American Lung Association's "Fight for Air Climb", Lifehouse's "Great Chefs of Marin", North Bay Children's Center's "A Night in Tuscany" event, and Marin Humane Society's "Woofstock".
BRAYTON❖PURCELL was also the presenting sponsor for the Marin Valentine's Ball which benefits three non-profit agencies that serve the children of Marin: Family Law Center, Marin Advocates for Children and North Bay Children Center.
BRAYTON❖PURCELL is a major supporter of Public Justice, a nationwide non-profit public interest law firm that handles pro-bono lawsuits to protect the environment, consumers and access to justice. In addition to significant monetary support, Alan R. Brayton services on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and donates one to two days each month in support of their activities. He was awarded the 2013 Champion of Justice Award at the 31st Annual Gala and Awards Ceremony in July.
Twice a year, BRAYTON❖PURCELL employees donate blood to the Blood Centers of the Pacific. In 2013, fifty employees have given blood.
BRAYTON❖PURCELL sponsors Babe Ruth Baseball to help Novato youth.
BRAYTON❖PURCELL employees participated in food and clothing drives and gift contributions for kids during the 2012 holidays with the Novato Human Needs Center to help the local homeless families. BRAYTON❖PURCELL employees have also given monetary contributions to the Novato Human Needs Center and the firm matches those donations.
BRAYTON❖PURCELL runs an active pro-bono program which encourages all attorneys to engage in pro-bono legal services of their choice, and allows time off each month to complete this work:
BRAYTON❖PURCELL's own Human Resources Manager, Jennifer Gotti, is the President of the Board of Directors for Sunny Hill Services, as well as the Chair of the Marin Workforce Investment Board.
Gary Judd, Associate Attorney, is the president and founding member of the Polly Klaas Foundation.
Jennifer Harwood, Legal Secretary, is on the planning committee for Lifehouse and the North Bay Children's Center. She is also on the leadership board for the American Lung Association.
Brooke Gutierrez, Bankruptcy Investigator, was named the August 2013 Justice and Diversity Center (JDC) Volunteer of the Month for her work in their Volunteer Interpreter Program.
Numerous other BRAYTON❖PURCELL employees have reported over 700 hours of volunteer work in their local communities since September 2012. Organizations worked within include: American Cancer Society, Mesothelioma Research Foundation of America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Novato and Santa Rosa Unified School Districts, Rebuilding Together, SPCA, Marin Food Bank, Special Olympics of Sonoma County, and many more.