Groups We Support
At Brayton Purcell LLP, we actively support many outstanding national, regional and local nonprofit organizations that are trying to make a difference for consumers and everyday people. We are proud and active supporters and members of many of these fine organizations, including the following:
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO)
- The Bay Institute
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of the North Bay
- Casa Allegra Community Services
- Center for Domestic Peace - Marin Abused Women Services
- Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership of Marin
- Citizens' Campaign for Old Growth Preservation
- Community Institute for Psychotherapy
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- Legal Aid of Marin
- Lifehouse Agency
- Litigation Counsel of America - Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Marin Advocates for Children
- Marin County Humane Society
- Marin Symphony
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- North Bay Children's Center
- Novato Babe Ruth
- Novato Human Needs Center
- Novato's Paint the Town Red
- Novato Youth Center
- State Building and Construction Trades Council of California
- Swords to Plowshares
- Voices for Pets
- Zero Breast Cancer
Brayton Purcell LLP 2014 firm accomplishments this year include:
- Being the Presenting Sponsor ($15,000) of the 2014 Marin Valentine's Ball which benefits four nonprofit agencies that serve the community of Marin County: the North Bay Children's Center, Sunny Hills Services, The Godmothers of Timothy Murphy School, and Whistlestop. Over 450 guests enjoyed an evening of dinner, silent and live auctions, and dancing.
- Sponsoring Lifehouse's Great Chefs and Wineries event at the Platinum Level ($15,000), which raised almost $500,000 to benefit the many individuals with developmental disabilities in Marin County. Over 450 guests attended this event, and Brayton Purcell LLP employees volunteered their time and services.
- Sponsoring Marin Humane Society's Woofstock event at a Diamond Level, where almost 700 guests came together to adopt animals and spread awareness.
- Sponsoring Novato Youth Center's Scary Tuesday Halloween Fundraiser which benefited its Healthy Food Program.
So far in 2014, 44 Brayton Purcell LLP employees have taken part in a pro bono volunteer program. Attorneys and nonattorneys are encouraged to participate as volunteers in nonprofit organizations that contribute to the social fabric of the community in which they work and live.
Over 1,000 hours have been logged as of this date. Some of the Marin County organizations volunteered within in 2014 include: the Novato Youth Center, Marin Advocates for Children, Marin Humane Society, Sunny Hills Services, Novato Unified School District, Marin Municipal Water District, and many more.
Notable individual Brayton Purcell LLP employee contributions include:
- Mr. Brayton has volunteered over 250 pro bono hours in 2014 for nonprofit agencies, including: Public Justice, Bay Area Legal Aid (BayLegal), the North Bay Children's Center, the National Judicial College, and Lifehouse.
- Human Resources Manager, Jennifer Gotti, is the President of the Board of Directors for Sunny Hill Services, as well as the Chair of the Marin Workforce Investment Board.
- Work History Investigator, Kristie Morris, recently spoke at the Marin Advocates for Children's Annual Dinner. At this event, of which Brayton Purcell LLP was a sponsor, Kristie reflected on her time as a foster child and how the support that the Marin Advocates for Children's Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program helped her and other foster youth. A video of the speech can be seen on the MAC website.
- Attorney Gary Judd is the former president and founding member of the Polly Klaas Foundation. He is recognized as an Honorary Board Member.
- Executive Assistant Roxanne Sheridan and attorney Nancy Williams served on the board of the North Bay Children's Center and employee, Lisa Correnti also volunteers much of her time planning the "Night in Tuscany" dinner event. North Bay Children's Center provides comprehensive high-quality child care and early education programs.
- Legal Secretary Karla Torres is a board member and volunteer assistant coach to Sonoma Valley Special Olympics and has a daughter who belongs to "Becoming Independent" — a community inclusion for people with developmental disabilities.
- Executive Legal Assistant Jennifer Harwood has volunteered much of her time on behalf of Brayton Purcell LLP, L.L.P. Her contributions to the community include: forming office teams for the Alzheimer's Association's "Walk to End Alzheimer's," the Marin Human Race, the Junior Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes, the American Cancer Society's Heart Walk and Making Strides of San Francisco events, and more.
Recently, Jennifer formed an office team and helped raise over $6,500 for the American Lung Association in California's (ALAC) 2014 "Fight for Air Climb." She has been on the ALAC leadership committee for the past six years, helping to plan the annual climbs. Jennifer has spent five years on the planning committee for Lifehouse's "Great Chefs of Marin" gala event, at which she is also an event volunteer.
For all of these contributions and more, totaling over 75 pro bono hours, Jennifer Harwood was recently recognized as "Volunteer of the Week" by the Marin Independent Journal.