Before the late 1970s, asbestos was considered a "miracle mineral" by the people all over the world.
According to EnvironmentalChemistry.org, asbestos...
- is resistant to heat and most chemicals.
- does not evaporate into air or dissolve in water.
- has no odor or smell and does not migrate through soil.
- binds with better insulating materials to create the ultimate construction materials.
- has tremendous thermal stability, thermal and electrical resistance and is non-flammable.
The biggest problem with this "miracle mineral" is that it is hazardous to human health. Asbestos fibers, if inhaled or ingested, can lead to serious diseases including asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma.
Receiving such a diagnosis can be devastating for asbestos exposure victims. Brayton Purcell LLP believes the Bern Williams quote that states "Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit." No matter how resilient asbestos products are, the strength and will of our clients is unsurpassed.
Source: Roberta C. Barbalace. Asbestos, its Chemical and Physical Properties. EnvironmentalChemistry.com. Oct. 2004. Accessed on-line: 7/5/2016