Asbestos in Power Plants
Asbestos exposure was common for workers in power plants built prior to 2000. If you or a loved one developed mesothelioma or another asbestos-related illness while working in a power plant, you may be entitled to compensation from the power company, the manufacturers and suppliers of the asbestos product, and the contractors that disturbed asbestos-containing products.
For more than 35 years, Brayton Purcell LLP has proven to be a premier mesothelioma and asbestos exposure injury law firm in California. While we have offices based in Northern California and Southern California, our legal practice spans the entire nation. Contact us for a free initial consultation about your asbestos case.
Power companies made widespread use of asbestos due to its durability and ability to withstand heat. The following are examples of asbestos exposure in power plants:
- Insulation: Asbestos was commonly used in pipe and block insulation.
- Construction: Asbestos products were used in concrete, fireproofing, joint compounds, plaster, and other building materials.
- Pipes and plumbing: Asbestos was used to cover pipes, boilers, generators, and electric wires, and in gaskets and packing.
- Clothing: Some workers wore protective gloves and clothing containing asbestos.
- Asbestos blankets: Blankets containing asbestos were used for fire barriers.
- Asbestos removal and demolition: Improper asbestos removal and demolition of older power plants can result in workers being exposed to asbestos.
When you retain us to represent you, we will undertake a comprehensive investigation of your case, to documenting your exposure to asbestos and the injuries you have suffered. Our California asbestos exposure lawyers will work tirelessly to obtain maximum compensation for you.
For More Information About Asbestos Exposure At Power Plants
Our mesothelioma attorneys have helped asbestos victims for more than 35 years. If you or a family member is suffering from an asbestos-related disease, contact our team of California-based lawyers at 800-598-0314 to learn more about how we can help you.