Traditional medical treatment combined with alternative forms of therapy are often the choice for those diagnosed with mesothelioma. A grim diagnosis of an incurable form of cancer often results in the exploration of creative options to improve the quality of life.
At Brayton Purcell LLP, we encourage our clients in California and nationwide to focus their efforts on getting the medical care they need. While they attend to those needs, we focus our resources to maximize their compensation in an asbestos injury claim.
The Options Available for Mesothelioma Cancer Alternative Treatments
Chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgeries are the first choices of physicians when they provide their recommendations. However with an average life span of 18 months following a diagnosis of mesothelioma, alternative treatments can have various benefits.
- Acupuncture — The insertion of narrow needles into the skin at specific pressure points has been proven to relieve the pain associated with mesothelioma.
- Aromatherapy — Used with massages and baths, aromatic oils, plants and other substances result in a heightened mood, promoting both health and pain relief.
- Chiropractic care — Especially beneficial for patients undergoing chemotherapy, chiropractic care can help significantly with pain management.
- Healing and therapeutic touch therapy — Invoking the relaxation response in patients, this alternative therapy can reduce side effects associated with conventional cancer treatments.
- Herbal and nutritional supplements — When used together, natural herbs and nutritional supplements provide the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals to stave off infection and illness.
- Naturopathy — With a focus on nature’s remedy and the body’s intrinsic ability to heal itself, this holistic approach by providing minerals, diet and other remedies.
- Personal fitness and training — Improved outlook and quality of life are often the result of working with a personal trainer specializing in support for cancer patients.
Many clients who retain an experienced and dedicated attorney at our California-based law firm find mesothelioma alternative therapy options not only helpful, but also a distraction to the stress associated with a diagnosis and the traditional medical care.
Combining the experience of our lawyers, the dedication of our support personnel and the diligence of an in-house investigative team, Brayton Purcell LLP, devotes its vast resources to pursuing the best outcome and maximizing compensation for clients nationwide. For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, please contact Brayton Purcell LLP today.