Mesothelioma Treatment Options
Following a diagnosis of mesothelioma, effective treatment is challenging for this incurable form of cancer. Progress in early detection coupled with continued research for improved treatment methods has led to promising results. While a cure for mesothelioma continues to be elusive, new approaches are being tested and combined with traditional treatments.
Cutting-Edge Treatment for Mesothelioma Victims
At Brayton Purcell LLP, the lawyers who comprise our experienced and dedicated legal team encourage our clients to seek medical care while exploring alternative therapy and newer options that include:
- Angiogenesis and anti-angiogenesis drugs — Chemotherapy’s severe side effects have led to continued research in learning more about the difference between cancer and normal cells. Drugs have been discovered that target the tumor without affecting the body’s normal cells.
- Gene therapy — Gene therapy can work to change the genetic code that predisposes cells to become cancerous. It is a risky and new form of treatment.
- Immunotherapy — Research shows that the immune system may be able to recognize the difference between healthy cells and cancer cells, eliminating cells that can become cancerous. This type of biological therapy uses the body’s immune system to protect itself against mesothelioma and repair, stimulate or enhance natural anticancer functions.
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) — The premise of this treatment is that single-celled organisms will die with exposure to light at a particular frequency. Photosensitizing drugs accumulated in body tissues are activated to destroy cancerous cells.
- Other clinical trials — Research and development of new drugs and treatments are continually being explored, and it may be beneficial to sign up for a clinical trial to help fight your asbestos-related disease or cancer.
A personal physician should be consulted about using the right combination of treatment and therapies. Insight and expertise is needed to identify how they complement each other and the effectiveness in treating mesothelioma.
Combining the experience of our California mesothelioma attorneys, the dedication of our support personnel and the diligence of an in-house investigative team, Brayton Purcell LLP, devotes its vast resources to pursuing the best outcome and maximizing compensation for clients nationwide. For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation, please contact Brayton Purcell LLP today.