- Complex Civil Litigation
Kimberly J. Chu attended the University of California at Irvine as an undergraduate, earning a bachelor's degree in Social Ecology with specializations in both Criminology, Law and Society, and Psychology and Social Behavior. She graduated Cum Laude and was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society. Ms. Chu went on to obtain her J.D. from Boston University School of Law. While in Boston, she worked as a summer law clerk in the Environmental Crimes Unit of the Office of the Attorney General.
Ms. Chu joined Brayton Purcell, LLP, in September 2001 and has since worked in numerous areas of civil litigation practice, including asbestos and pharmaceutical litigation. She has appeared in both state and Federal courts, and engaged in all phases of litigation including client interviews, discovery, depositions, drafting and opposing motions, oral argument, pre-trial preparation and trial. Currently, Ms. Chu most often can be found arguing motions in court, working with clients on their cases and attending trial preservation, expert and Persons Most Qualified depositions.
Ms. Chu is a member of various professional organizations including, but not limited to, American Association for Justice and Consumer Attorneys of California. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, attending youth soccer and baseball games, cub scout events, camping, hiking, traveling, discovering new places to eat and spending time with her extended family in Hawaii and the Mid-West. Ms. Chu lives in Sonoma County with her husband, two young children and a cat.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1999
- University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Social Ecology
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Marin County Bar Association, Member, Present
Current Employment Position