Mr. LeRoy ("Butch") was commissioned a Second Lieutenant upon graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy. After service as an aircraft maintenance officer, he was competitively chosen to attend law school. He went to Vanderbilt University School of Law in Nashville, Tennessee where he was a member of the editorial board of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law and was also selected for membership in the Order of the Coif. After graduation, and before joining Brayton Purcell, Mr. LeRoy was on active duty as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force. He retired with the grade of Colonel.
A former partner in the firm, Mr. LeRoy assumed an "of counsel" position in January of 2015 and became an Associate in May of 2019. Mr. LeRoy is licensed to practice law in California. He is also admitted to practice before the federal District Courts for the Northern District of California and the Central District of California.
Mr. LeRoy is a member of the Public Justice Foundation, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the American Bar Association. He has been married to his wife, Margie, for over 45 years. Mr. LeRoy lists his hobbies as travel, reading, sports and "playing with my grandsons."
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee, 1979
Honors: Order of the Coif
Law Review: Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Editor
- United States Air Force Academy, 1971
Major: International Affairs
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Public Justice Foundation, Member
- The Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Current Employment Position