Maureen McGowan attended University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. In 1969, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and received her teaching certificate as well. She then enrolled at University of California Hastings College of Law located in San Francisco, California, and earned her J.D. in 1973.
After receiving her law degree, Ms. McGowan went to work for Livingston, Grant, Stone and Kay, where she gained extensive probate, conservatorship, and estate planning experience. In 1989, she joined Brayton Purcell and continued to make an effort to support those in need.
Ms. McGowan is currently a member of the Trust and Estate Administration Section of the California State Bar, San Francisco Bar Association and Public Justice.
Born and raised in Birmingham, Michigan, Ms. McGowan enjoys traveling, reading and spending time with her husband. She also loves fishing and houseboating.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1973
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 1969
- Major: History
- California, 1973
- Livingston, Grant, Stone and Kay
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member, Present
- Marin County Bar Association, Member, Present
Current Employment Position