In July 2001, Congress passed the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) to provide compensation to workers and their survivors who have developed certain illnesses as a result of exposure to radioactive and toxic substances. EEOICPA claims can be filed by those presently or previously employed by the Department of Energy or one of its contractors or subcontractors in the nuclear weapons industry.

If you, your parent (step-parent), spouse, or your grandparent worked for a Department of Energy facility or an Atomic Weapons Employer (AWE) facility and currently has a condition related to exposure to radiation and/or a toxic substance or passed away from a condition related to exposure to radiation and/or a toxic substance then you are eligible to apply for compensation under EEOICPA. The main diseases covered are most cancers except mesothelioma and berylliosis.

As of April 2018, over 299,000 claims have been filed with almost $15 billion paid in total compensation and medical bills by the Department of Labor. You may be eligible for up to $400,000 in tax-free awards. There is no law suit. There is no fee unless you are awarded and attorney fees are capped by statute at only 2% of the initial claim, plus 10% if the claim is successful after being recommended for denial.

If you or a loved one worked for the Department of Energy or for a contractor at a DOE site or an atomic weapons facility and have contracted cancer, contact one of our experienced professionals today to see if you qualify for an EEOICPA claim. You may qualify even if you have already received an award based on your cancer being caused by asbestos or other substance. Don’t delay, call us today. Please contact Phil Van Aelstyn at (415) 493-3514, or [email protected]