When we are ill and vulnerable, our doctor assumes the important role of healer and helper. Many doctors live up to this position of trust. Sadly, some do not. According to recent studies, from 200,000 to 400,000 Americans die each year from medical errors made by doctors and other medical professionals (Journal of Patient Safety, A New, Evidence-based Estimate of Patient Harms Associated with Hospital Care, 2014). This is more than the number of deaths from highway accidents, breast cancer, or AIDS.
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a medical provider’s negligence, do not wait to reach out to a skilled attorney. A medical malpractice lawyer could assess your case and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Medical Malpractice Stemming From Medical Errors
Some medical errors constitute “medical malpractice,” defined as health care that falls below accepted medical standards, causing a patient’s injury or death. Examples of medical malpractice claim that we have handled at Brayton Purcell LLP involve:
- Failure to prescribe a necessary test or perform an appropriate evaluation;
- Misdiagnosis of cancer and other medical conditions;
- Delay in diagnosing cancer;
- Performing unnecessary surgery;
- Surgical errors such as operating in the wrong area of the body or removing the wrong part or organ;
- Leaving surgical instruments such as sponges in the body;
- Failure to explain surgical risks to the patient;
- Post-surgical infections;
- Nursing negligence;
- Improper drug prescriptions;
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist; and
- Nursing home negligence.
A skilled medical malpractice attorney could gather the facts necessary to make a convincing medical malpractice case. He or she explains why medical care was substandard and clarifies the damage caused by improper treatment or diagnosis.
Get in Touch with a Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
The personal injury attorneys at Brayton Purcell LLP are experienced in the preparation and trial of medical malpractice claims. We can obtain excellent medical consultants, including doctors, medical school professors, and other medical experts who are well–known and respected. If you feel that you were injured by medical negligence, please do not hesitate to contact a medical malpractice lawyer at Brayton Purcell LLP today. We can answer questions about your legal options, refer you to a medical specialist, and handle your case with efficiency and understanding.