Pipefitters and steamfitters who work at large commercial buildings, industrial facilities, oil refineries, in shipyards, and aboard ships can be exposed to hazardous asbestos. This substance is linked to mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer, as well as other diseases.
If you worked as a pipefitter, steamfitter, boilermaker, or plumber, and you have contracted one of these diseases, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses. Contact Brayton Purcell LLP for a free initial consultation with a workplace asbestos exposure attorney.
Pipefitters and Asbestos Exposure
Many pipefitters and steamfitters worked with and in close contact with products containing asbestos. Some of these products include:
- Aircell (trade names Asbestocel and Carcycel) — Used to cover air supply ducts
- Block insulation — Asbestos combined with other materials to form a hard substance
- Amosite sheeting — Used for pipe insulation
- Laminated asbestos felt — Also known as asbestos sponge felt
- Diatomaceous earth combined with asbestos fibers
- Hydrous calcium silicate — Also known as Calsil
- Joint/elbow fillers — Also known as insulation cement or insulation mud
- Gaskets – Used on flangs
- Packing – Used in pumps and valves
We Vigorously Represent Pipefitters With Mesothelioma Injuries
In 2011, Brayton Purcell LLP obtained $41,273,421 in two separate verdicts on behalf of a California plumber who contracted mesothelioma as the result of exposure to asbestos in large commercial buildings. The second verdict included $20 million in punitive damages.
Brayton Purcell LLP is a team of 23 attorneys with extensive experience in asbestos litigation. We are strong advocates for injured workers who work with determination to get results for our clients. If you are suffering from an asbestos-related disease, like mesothelioma, we want to help you get the medical care and compensation you deserve.
Discuss Pipefitter Mesothelioma Cases with a Workplace Asbestos Exposure Attorney
For a free initial consultation with one of our California workplace asbestos exposure lawyers for pipefitters and steamfitters, contact Brayton Purcell LLP. Our team could walk you through your options for legal recourse and help you pursue the payments you need to make things right.